The brain behind F**k Tinder takes you on a whirlwind global gigglefest as he seeks to explore the world of dating as a 40-year-old bachelor.
This is his journey from reformed manwhore to the perfect gentleman, as regaled by a world-class international performer who blends cutting-edge stand-up with an unpretentious old-school showbiz style – all-singing all-dancing entertainment, with daring humour and multimedia elements.
For years this Scottish Comedian of the Year finalist railed against conforming to society’s whims by bucking the trend of settling down. But now he’s realised that happiness unshared can barely be called happiness at all, and he wants to find The One!The cheeky live equivalent of a cliche-free rom-com, brought to life by someone whose number of hilarious stories is only matched by the notches on his bedpost.
Chris’s likes and dislikes
Who is Chris Henry? I’m a comedian who has only one career goal to make people laugh around the world. I love my job, which is why I’m currently touring with three shows, Around the World in 80 Dates, Balloonatics (my family friendly hour of nonsense) and F❤❤K tinder (the only comedy event exclusive to single people). If I ever get tired of that, I have aspirations of completing novels, and producing high concepts shows for stage and television.
I enjoy exercise and outdoor activities, but my commitment to them is held back through my “work schedule” (read intermittent laziness).
My politics are quite left wing, I believe that everyone should have the same rights and I’m a devoted atheist.
I like learning from people and don’t hate people just because they have different opinions on things.
Favourite movies – Star Wars, The Birdcage, American History X, It’s A Wonderful Life, Marvel
Favourite Food – Pizza, Steak, Thai, Indian, I LOVE FOOD and I love to cook. I go through stages of eating really healthy then spells of indulgence (you only live once).
Favourite Books – Around The World in 80 Days, The Three Musketeers, The Travelers Gift, Harry Potter, Yes Man,
Favourite TV shows – Game of Thrones, Stranger Things, Black Mirror,
Who am I looking for?
I’m looking for someone adventurous, kind, someone who loves their job and gets excited about new things. Someone who doesn’t believe in any religion, but believes in equal rights for everyone.
Someone who likes to eat good food, and exercise, but still like to slob out from time to time.
I don’t need someone who likes all the same things as me, I want them to have their own life and hopefully we have some things in common that we can enjoy together.
How to get in touch with me?
Tell me a bit about yourself. Why you love your job? Where you want to visit in the world? What are your top 3 dates you’d like to go on? That should give us a fun place to start the conversation.
Here is my list of 80 Dates that I’d like to go on
- Lazer Tag
- Visit an observatory or planetarium
- Go to an ethical aquarium
- Figure out the best place for a coffee in the area
- Destroy you at ten pin bowling, official bowling shoes must be worn
- Play tourist in your city
- Amusement Park/carnival
- Go for a hike
- Interview each other
- Spend an afternoon negotiating with you on your 80 dates, so that my list of 80 dates becomes our list of 80 dates
Post 3rd date dates – getting to know you better dates
- Eat in a Michelin Star restaurant
- Hang out with my nephews whilst we all wear princess costumes, and let them realise that it shouldn’t be weird.
- Skinny dipping
- Jump out of a plane
- Visit all local landmarks
- Go see cirque de solei
- Go out shopping and buy each other an outfit, then go out for dinner wearing whatever the other person has picked
- Go to Glastonbury/Burning man
- Rock Climbing
- Go to a Foo Fighters concert
- Cook you dinner
- Spend a day on the beach, reading each others favourite book.
- Spend a whole day doing nursery/kindergarten activities
- Protest, people who are protesting against human rights
- Play monopoly
- Learn to surf in Australia
- Throw a dinner party
- La Tomatina
- Spend an entire weekend figuring out the Kama sutra
- Sing with a live band
- Take a cooking class
- Wine/whisky/beer booze tasting
- Have a 3 course dinner in different places
- Build a selfies at sunset collection of different places we visit
- A painting class
- Visit as many local live music venues as possible
- Dance Class
- Go to the theatre
- See a ballet
- Hike the West Highland Way
- Proper picnic
- Art Gallery/Picnic
- Horse riding
- Build a snowman
- Photography class
Once things are a proper relationship – solidifying unique experiences
- Eating pizza in Pisa, next to the leaning tower of Pisa
- Ride a camel in Egypt
- Do a tough mudder together
- Be an extra on a great TV show
- Go out in a couples costume at Halloween
- Spend a weekend on a remote island
- Walk the great wall of China
- As part of a trip, book in to a five star hotel, spend all day in the hotel getting spa treatments and ordering room service
- Hike the Grand Canyon
- Go to Disneyland & Universal Studios
- East easter eggs on easter island dressed as easter bunnies
- Red Bus every city we go to
- Go Ice Skating in Iceland
- Meet Santa Claus in Lapland
- Sleep in an igloo
- Take a long drive, where we will see sights and sing our favourite songs the whole time
- See the view from the crown in the statue of liberty
- Go Christmas shopping in New York and or a market in Germany
The things I want to do with the same person
- Gondala in Venice
- Make a full dinner using the food that we’ve grown
- Make a really personal but inappropriate Christmas card and send it out to all our family and friends
- Holiday on an island that only has us on it
- Eat snails in Paris
- Paint a nude painting of each other
- Buy a dog
- Design a tattoo for each other and get it done
- Hire a cinema just for us and watch our favourite movie
- Cook Christmas dinners for both our families
- Write a song, the record a video for it and put it on the internet
- Walk the great wall of china, drinking Chinese tea, out of china cups