If you're reading this you are one of four people...
- Media person looking for some facts about me for your story (the least likely)
- A crazy stalker that needs to know everything they can about me (also unlikely, but thank you if that’s the case)
- A promoter, who needs info on me for a poster (Click Here for a pre-written blurb just for you)
- Bored and stumbled on my page (most likely)
- Writer, producer and performer of Balloonatics, literally the best family show you’ll ever see, with more packed in there for the adults than the kids (thankfully the children don’t notice because they are too distracted with chaos and balloons) This show is currently touring the world and won the runner up prize at Fringe World in Perth, Australia, for the Children’s Event Award.
- Also touring the only comedy night designed for single people f**k tinder. Getting people back in the pubs, meeting face to face and having a laugh.
- Has performed in America, Australia, Canada, Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia & Singapore.
- Brief TV appearances on ITV 3 and BBC4, and played Big Dave on BBC’s River City.
- Finalist in various competitions including Jongleurs J2O, The Scottish Suns Take the Mic and The Scottish Comedian Of The Year.
- Appearances on BBC Radio Scotland
- Successful shows at the Edinburgh Fringe in 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Getting regular work from most of the UK’s biggest comedy clubs.
Chris Henry started his career in entertainment as a Butlins Red Coat, until he packed it in after six years discovering that he couldn’t sing or dance. That old-school no-nonsense/all-nonsense influence has bled through into his style of stand-up, which is refreshingly unpretentious and focused-on-the-funny. Leaving the caravan parks behind, he has become a headliner on the U.K. comedy circuit, dazzling clubs with his honest anecdotes and flirtacious observations that toe the line of decency with masterful control.
Chris was nominated for the Perth Fringe World comedy award in 2016 as part of the Best of the Scottish Comedian of the Year compilation, was a finalist in Scottish Comedian of the Year 2009 and has performed on BBC TV and radio.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ –“Chris Henry is phenomenally funny” Huffington post
★ ★ ★ ★ – Broadway Baby
★ ★ ★ ★ – The funny Tonne
★ ★ ★ ★ – thetheatrepeople.com.au
Click here for my Career Timeline!
|“interesting, enjoyably candid, compelling, honest,truthful, even daring show.”|
|“Most stand-up these days try to shock and most crowds are unshockable. Chris Henry doesn’t try that hard to shock, instead he talks about things we think we recognise and succeeds in giving you a bit of a fright you never see coming. More than that he’s personable, so when he twists your preconceptions on their head, you thank him for it. In a way, he hands you your nuts, and you smile.”|
|(Adam Brophy) , Columnist for the Irish Times|
|“Best lines of the competition”|
|Alan Anderson , Promoter, Scottish Comedian of the Year|
|“He was good. He was very good. In fact, he was exceptional.”|
|“Seriously one of the best acts in the country”|
|“***** – With hilarious wit and comic timing he had the whole audience in his grasp and they loved every second of it. Chris Henry is one for the future”|
|“Bit of a funny cunt”|